Even though spring cleaning season is over, don’t put those tools away so quickly. Warm summer days are perfect to make some changes around the house. DIY home improvement projects vary from a complete make-over to smaller changes that even beginners can tackle. Get some inspiration from your favorite HGTV show and try one or more of these top 10 DIY summer projects.
1. Wallpaper ($300) – Add interest to any room by wallpapering one or more walls in a room.
2. Kitchen Convenience ($40 to $100) – Make your kitchen easier to navigate by adding drawer and cabinet rollouts.
3. Garden Shade ($500) – Enjoy more of your backyard free from insects and critters by adding a simple-up garden canopy. Dig out a bit of grass, add some pavers, and build a comfortable area to relax with a premade canvass canopy.
4. Refurb the Laundry Room ($500) – Do you need more space in your laundry room? Add a simple, pre-made cabinet to the space.
5. Install a New Backsplash ($350 and up) – This can be as inexpensive or elaborate as you like. A simple backsplash idea is to use magnetic paint to add an interesting and practical design element to your kitchen.
6. Bathroom Mirror ($250) – Spruce up your bathroom by removing that “wall of mirrors” and install a pretty framed or modern edgeless mirror.
7. New Lighting (varies) – Nothing refreshes a room like a new light fixture. From elegant chandeliers to modern track lighting, a summer weekend is a great time to change the lighting in your rooms.
8. Change the Fixtures ($250) – New bathroom or kitchen fixtures or drawer pulls/knobs can instantly update your space.
9. Paint Everything ($50 to $200) – Contemporary colors can completely renew your home. Paint anything from the front door to an accent wall in the bedrooms or living spaces.
10. Reface the Fireplace ($500) – The fireplace is the focal point of the room. Be creative and change that old fireplace hearth into something new and exciting.
Summer is a great time to make big changes with a small investment of time and money. Grab your toolbox and let the inspiration guide you. Ready to get moving?